Marlaska says he'll resign if he thinks the accuser failed him
The Minister of the Interior has ignored the PP's request for resignation and has defended his action in the face of the complaint against police number two.
The Minister of the Interior, Fernando Grande-Marlaska, has stated that he will resign only if he believes that the complainant of the Deputy Operational Director of Police (DAO), José Ángel González, has failed him.
In Congress, Marlaska has thus responded to PP Congresswoman Mirian Guardiola,amid cries of "resignation, resignation," for the complaint filed against the officer for a sexual assault offence. The minister has insisted that the only person who will accept his opinion is the victim himself.
Marlaska acknowledges that the facts complained of are 'extremely serious'and challenges the PP to repeat outside the Chamber that he was aware of the facts and did nothing, warning him that 'we will see each other in other instances'.
The Minister of the Interior has urged the PP not to create a curtain that calls into question the commitment of the National Police and the Security Forces to the fight against violence against women and has challenged the PP to repeat what has been said inside outside the Chamber.
Popular MP Mirian Guardiola had previously accused Marlaska of covering up the facts and asked her to resign on charges of allowing an alleged aggressor to be in charge of the National Police and of being a "coward".
You might like
PNV and PSE reject proposals to set up an independent committee linked to the case of expired vaccines and hold them accountable
Jeltzales and socialists have urged the Department of Health to speed up the measures announced to "reduce the risk of errors."
UPV will close the Álava campus on Monday on the occasion of a Vox event
The ultra-right-wing party has made the call as a reminder of 23 February, as well as "defending freedom in university against the abertzale left."
Eudel extends budgets for the first time in 40 years with the abstention of EH Bildu
EH Bildu announced yesterday that the councillors of the abertzale coalition intended to reject the budget by abstaining on today's vote because they disagreed with the process of electing the new director promoted by the PNV. Eudel's president, Esther Apraiz, has expressed her "institutional disappointment" at the extension and has warned that this will "hinder" the implementation of various projects.
The Basque Government wants knowledge of the Basque Country to be an instrument of cohesion to strengthen the process of integrating migrants
It welcomes the Catalan Government's proposal to require migrants wishing to renew their residence permits to know the co-official languages, on the understanding that language can be used as an element of cohesion and better integration.
Clash between the Basque Government and the Ministry of Health: these are the proposals to respond to the demands of doctors and the lack of professionals
Counsellor Alberto Martínez has asked Minister Monica García for measures to deal with the demands of doctors and the lack of health personnel.
The Basque Parliament recalls the murdered socialists Fernando Buesa and Enrique Casas
Enrique Casas was murdered on 23 February 1984 by the Anti-Capitalist Autonomous Commandos and Fernando Buesa died with his bodyguard Jorge Díez in an attack by ETA on 22 February 2000. The Bureau of Parliament agreed in February 2014 to pay tribute to the four Basque parliamentarians murdered by terrorist organizations - Fernando Buesa, Enrique Casas, Gregorio Ordóñez and Santiago Brouard - at the nearest plenary session.
Rufian: "What's the point of 14 left-wing parties defending the same thing competing with each other?"
Under the slogan 'Fight the Present to Win the Future', the event organized by the ERC leader has involved all the left-wing parties in the Spanish state except EH Bildu, Podemos and BNG.
Sanchez says they have acted "firmly" after learning of the complaint against National Police number two and does not believe that Marlaska should resign
At a press conference in New Delhi, the President of the Spanish Government said that, from the outset, "the victim has been supported" and José Ángel González has been removed from his post. "And from there the investigation will be carried to the end with all the consequences," he added.
Aburto concludes his disengagement with Aitor Esteban and remains unpublished about the origin of the detainees
The mayor of Bilbao has linked his decision to the "Security Pact" signed with the PSE, EH Bildu and Elkarrekin Bilbao.