Santano has confirmed that the Ministry will study a new TAV route that will not cross Aralar
The State Government has decided to explore a third possibility of connecting the Basque Y to the Navarre railway and has confirmed that drilling work will be carried out to find out its feasibility. It hopes to have all the information available by spring 2026 so that a decision can be made.
Photo: EITB.
As the Secretary of State for Transport and Sustainable Mobility, José Antonio Santano,confirmedon Monday in Bilbao , there isa third option on the table that will connect the "Y Vasca" with the Navarre High Speed Train.
The Secretary of State has explained that, for the time being, "nothing is ruled outbecause the information investigation has not been closed. "He has clarified that the two routes initially proposed are still" on the table. "
With regard to the third option, he has pointed out that it does not cross through the centre of Aralar; he proposes "to extend the route a little further and to ascend to Gipuzkoa a little before Alsasua ", but has clarified that this is not the route proposed by the Basque Government," although it is very similar ".
Santano has confirmed that drilling will be done to explore this third option and "make the best decision possible." He hopes to have all the information and decision in the spring of 2026.
With regard to his requests to prevent drilling, the Secretary of State has said that he does not intend to 'create any kind of controversy with anyone'. However, he has said that the Ministry 'is trying to fulfil its commitments with full respect for the autonomy and territory of the municipalities'.
He has also stated that these drilling "only the geological study of the earth" is carried out and hopes to continue.
You might like
Tubos Reunidos has offered workers early retirement and incentives for voluntary leave
On the occasion of the second meeting between management and trade unions to negotiate an employment regulation dossier affecting 301 workers, a day of strike has been called at the Amurrio plant, which has been joined by the entire workforce.
Papresa workers have started stoppages in anticipation that they can sell the company and in the face of a possible application of an ERE
The ERE could affect 110 workers out of 250 in the company.
The workers of Reunited Tubes are on strike, coinciding with the meeting between the committees and the management
Workers at the Amurrio plant called stops for 17, 23 and 26 February and 4 and 9 March. The LAB and ESK unions at the Trapagaran plant have also called stops for the same days.
The first ship to reach Europe since Trump took control of Venezuelan oil is in the port of Bilbao
It's been a month and six days since the current CEO of Repsol , Josu Jon Imaz, entered the White House with representatives of other oil companies to relaunch the Venezuelan oil industry , the first Caribbean oil tanker since Trump took control of that industry has arrived in the last few hours in Bilbao.
Last year the Labour Inspectorate detected irregularities in 60% of the activities carried out in the Basque Country in connection with working hours
According to the data provided, the Labour Inspectorate of the Basque Country carried out 20,191 interventions last year, in which 1862 offences were detected - EUR 10.4 million - and 26,959 revised contracts, of which 1,788 were converted into indefinite and full-time contracts.
Euskadi wants to touch the sky in aeronautics: it will invest 110 million in a project that will create 800 jobs
ITP Aero izango da buru of the proposal buru, eta beste 12 enpresa hartu dute alde.
What do the doctors ask?
Medical unions demand their own Statutory Framework on the grounds that their profession has characteristics that distinguish them from the other professions in the health sector.
The Spanish Government will sign an increase in the minimum wage. What will the new SMI be?
Once the agreement is signed, the Royal Decree is expected to be passed this Tuesday, with an increase of 3.1%.
It will be news: medical strike, airport transfer and yellow warning for rain
A summary of what will be news today, in two words.
Tamara Yagüe (Confebask): "Industry can approach recession at certain times; the coming months will be key."
Arantza Ruiz has interviewed the president of Confebask in ETB's "12 Minutes" program. Yagüe has stressed that growth is not constant in all sectors and has said that it is appropriate to be cautious in terms of industry, as the coming months will be decisive.