Santano has confirmed that the Ministry will study a new TAV route that will not cross Aralar
The State Government has decided to explore a third possibility of connecting the Basque Y to the Navarre railway and has confirmed that drilling work will be carried out to find out its feasibility. It hopes to have all the information available by spring 2026 so that a decision can be made.
Photo: EITB.
As the Secretary of State for Transport and Sustainable Mobility, José Antonio Santano,confirmedon Monday in Bilbao , there isa third option on the table that will connect the "Y Vasca" with the Navarre High Speed Train.
The Secretary of State has explained that, for the time being, "nothing is ruled outbecause the information investigation has not been closed. "He has clarified that the two routes initially proposed are still" on the table. "
With regard to the third option, he has pointed out that it does not cross through the centre of Aralar; he proposes "to extend the route a little further and to ascend to Gipuzkoa a little before Alsasua ", but has clarified that this is not the route proposed by the Basque Government," although it is very similar ".
Santano has confirmed that drilling will be done to explore this third option and "make the best decision possible." He hopes to have all the information and decision in the spring of 2026.
With regard to his requests to prevent drilling, the Secretary of State has said that he does not intend to 'create any kind of controversy with anyone'. However, he has said that the Ministry 'is trying to fulfil its commitments with full respect for the autonomy and territory of the municipalities'.
He has also stated that these drilling "only the geological study of the earth" is carried out and hopes to continue.
You might like
They advance the harvest of txakoli because of the heat
The vintage of txakoli will begin earlier than usual due to heat. According to the producers, these dates are not the usual ones to start the vintage. Enternational analysis is carried out in the vineyards to determine exactly when the grape will take the point of sugar and bitterness, and the ideal time has come to collect it.
Farmers are calling for a joint purchase of fodder and an immediate declaration of drought
For two weeks now, the Fodder Table has met and the institutions have made a number of commitments. Many farmers have started buying grass and straw on their own and have called on the institutions to take immediate action.
EuskoTren workers in Bilbao call for the removal of bullfighting advertisements on the tram
At this morning's rally in Arriaga Square, Euskotren workers demanded that the company advertise in a manner consistent with public values and respectful of animal welfare.
A bluetongue case was detected in a herd in Barrundia
The animal from a herd of more than 200 sheep vaccinated against the disease has tested positive for serotype 3 of the bluetongue.
The Basque Government opens the OPE registration deadline for 461 General Administration posts
Telematic registration will end on September 16, and the first examinations are scheduled for January 2027.
AVIS has been sentenced to EUR 1 million for charging its customers management costs for traffic fines
The car rental company applies a surcharge of between €33.88 and €45 for managing the payment of the fine and informing the administration of the offender's identity.
A 51-year-old worker dies in a paper company in Iurreta
Two Ertzaintza officers who participated in the relief device had to be treated at the scene by health personnel who had been poisoned by inhalation of the gases emitted.
Sopelana and Urduliz have been declared by the Basque Government as tense areas of the residential market
The appointment was requested by the two Biscay municipalities in January and February and will have an initial validity of three years, with the possibility of extension.
The Spanish Government will cut diesel by 20 cents in September after the price soared in July
The CPI rose four tenths in July to 3.6% across Spain, driven by higher fuel and electricity prices. In the ACV, growth was five tenths, up to 3.7%, while in Navarre it was seven tenths, up to 3.4%.
HLRE sells Megapark Mall to NEPI Rockcastle for 254 million euros
This agreement will strengthen the presence of NEPI Rockcastle in the European shopping centre sector and add one of the main reference assets in Bizkaia to its commercial heritage.