Trade unions have called an indefinite strike since 27 January and every Tuesday to demand from the Ministry of Health a Framework Statute for all professionals
The Bureau aims to improve the working conditions of all workers in the National Health System, health and non-health, "without exception, without privileges and without distortions". They criticize the fact that the Ministry is negotiating the Statute in parallel with medical unions.
Trade unions in the framework status negotiations (SATSE-FSES, CCOO, UGT, CSIF and CIG-Saude) have called for an indefinite strike for SNS workers from 27 January and every Tuesday "as long as necessary".
This has been advanced by the Secretary of State for the Health Sector of UGT Public Services, Begoña Ballell, at a press conference at which these organizations have denounced that the Minister of Health, Monica García, has no intention of reaching "an agreement that is fair, useful and beneficial to all workers, without exception or privilege among professional groups ".
"The lack of response and ministerial paralysis are pushing public health down a path of no return," he has criticized. "Not only has it failed to make progress, but it has hindered and prolonged the negotiation process, maintaining and nurturing a parallel process with organizations outside the negotiating area, ignoring those of us who represent 100% of the statutory staff of the National Health System," Ballell has reproached.
Health unions (including medical unions represented only through the Federation of Health and Education Unions (FSSA)) have criticized the minister's "disloyalty" to the "parallel" negotiations with the medical unions CESM and SMA .
It should be noted that the latter unions have called for a four-day strike next week, but against the framework statute, because they believe that doctors deserve a separate agreement outside it.
No progress in the negotiation
According to Balell, since the reopening of the process almost three years ago, the last meeting was held on 6 November and since then the institutions have had no news of any progress in the text beyond what the media have been reporting.
"The negotiation of a law would naturally take all that time, but the Ministry's position is unfair to the scope of the negotiation," said Sats President Laura Villaseñor.
The Bureau wishes to improve the working conditions of all staff of the National Health System, health and non-health personnel, "without exception, without privileges or distortions", but the Ministry of Health "says nothing clearly about issues such as early retirement, professional reclassification or 35-hour working hours".
Villaseñor admits that a strike is never "pleasant for anyone," but "the circumstances and development of the negotiation" have forced them to make that decision.
You might like
Workers at Tubos Reunion in Amurrio will return to work this Monday after the strike
The Commission, however, does not rule out the resumption of future stops, and for the time being it has called two days of strike and mobilisation for 26 and 28 May.
ELA has denounced that there has been a campaign "orchestrated" by the Tubos Reunidos company and supported by employers
Mitxel Lakuntza, general secretary of the ELA union, has condemned the company's "deplorable management" in recent years, with "170 million debt generated by shareholders."
Indefinite strike called in Tubos Reunidos
Most of those meeting today at the Amurrio factory have decided to call off the strike and start 24-hour stops.
Tubos Reunion workers hold an assembly to decide the future of the indefinite strike
It's a lot of tension at the Amurrio factory after the latest trade union movements and the change of scenery after the creditor competition.
Entertainment workers are on strike today in Álava, Bizkaia and Gipuzkoa
They call for an agreement for the sector to ensure decent working conditions. Many events have already been cancelled and incidents are expected at concerts, theatres and congresses today.
Until 1 June, the deadline for nominations for the Tubos Reunion Competition Administrator will open
A court in Vitoria-Gasteiz last Tuesday declared seven companies belonging to the Tubos Reunidos Group to be in voluntary competition with creditors and appointed PKF-Attest Concursal as their competition administrator.
LAB supports the possibility of Tubos Reunidos calling off the strike and ESK advocates extending it
Both unions, together with ELA, have convened an assembly on Friday to decide whether to continue unemployment.
The reduction in VAT on light and gas will be suspended on 1 June and will return to 21% as prices have fallen
The reduced rates of fuel (petrol, diesel and biofuels, and partial return of professional diesel) and hydrocarbon tax will remain in force until 30 June, as inflation for these products remains above the 15% threshold set by the government in April.
Santurtzi Local Police will support a "strike of rigour" to demand an improvement in working conditions
Workers report "organizational breaches", as well as lower earnings compared to other municipal workers, and a lack of staff at mass events. According to ErNE, agents have begun to strictly apply all regulations and have stopped carrying out reinforcements and overtime.
CEBEK considers labour disputes to be "contrary to the progress of society"
The president of the Biscay employers CEBEK, Guillermo Buces, has described labour disputes as "contrary to the progress of society" and has called on all trade unions to sit down with employers to change their model of relationship.