Andueza accuses the PNV of "breaking the consensus" and asks EH Bildu "not to follow up"
The Jeltzale Party believes that an agreement will be reached earlier this week with the PSE-EE on the language profile to be requested in the Public Employment Offers. However, jeltzales are prepared to take "the necessary steps" if the agreement is not reached.
The Secretary-General of the Socialists , Eneko Andueza, does not welcome what the PNV has said and warns that "it would be very convenient not to follow EH Bildu in this matter." The Secretary-General of the Socialists believes that this issue requires the agreement of both parties and not to go "on its own."
One day after EH Bildu registered the reform of the Public Employment Act to give legal certainty to the Basque Country, the PNV expresses its concern about this issue and has been working for weeks with experts and government partners on a proposal to shield linguistic rightsin access to public employment processes.
In this context, the President of the PNV of Álava, Jone Berriozabal, has stated in an interview in Onda Vasca that in the next few days there will be a "final attempt" to agree her proposal with the PSE-EE, although she has indicated that, in the absence of an agreement, they are prepared to take a step forward without the PSE-EE.
These words have caused great controversy among the Socialists, so Eneko Andueza has said that they see no reason to update the pact signed in the last parliamentary term and has once again stated that labour rights will be put before linguists.
The members of the government are seeking an agreement against the clock to deal with the thirty rulings that have suspended the linguistic conditions required in the municipalities and deputies. The PNV hopes to be able to conclude a pact with the socialists later this week.
You might like
The Basque Government stresses the need for unaccompanied minors in Ceuta to return to their families
Lakua urges the Spanish Government to exhaust all options before distributing them to the Autonomous Communities.
Navarre will "comply" with the distribution of minors, but without paying for the "lack of solidarity" of other communities
The first Vice-President and spokesperson for the Government of Navarre, Javier Remírez, has stated that Navarra "will comply with the regulations" and will abide by the distribution and reception of unaccompanied migrant minors, but will not accept "the lack of solidarity of other autonomous communities".
The Spanish Government is working to bring 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to the peninsula
The Spanish Government is working on the transfer to the peninsula of some 500 unaccompanied migrant girls who are in Ceuta after the massive entry in late July. The Ministry of Youth and Children is studying to ensure that child protection agencies receive them in adapted resources, without the need to transfer their guardianship to the Autonomous Communities.
Bilboko Konpartsak and Sare have called for a demonstration on 28 August to demand that there be no prisoners in 2027
Sare and Bilboko Konpartsak have called for a Home Day on 28 August, in the middle of Big Week, to proclaim the return home of Basque prisoners, refugees and deportees through a demonstration and a popular meal, and at today's hearing they have set themselves the goal of making the 2027 festivities the first without prisoners or repressors.
The Government advocates the return of migrant minors from Ceuta to their families and, in cases where it is not possible to receive them
The Director of Children, Adolescents and the Family, Txema Ezkerra, considers it "unacceptable" for Vox to break the law in the communities that manage this area and has asked the state to intervene.
Burlada City Council Unanimously Condemns Attack on UPN Councilman at Parties
Last Saturday, UPN councillor Carlos Oto was attacked at the headquarters of the regionalist party, where several party members and others were gathered.
Ceuta's president accuses the government of "make-up reality" and gives it 30 days to resolve the crisis
Juan Vivas has strongly criticized the government for its "lack of response" and "passivity" in the face of the migration crisis that has arisen following the entry of some 70,000 people from Morocco into the autonomous city on 30 and 31 July. In a hearing, Vivas asked whether the government's passivity seeks to "not disturb" Morocco and announced that it will turn to the judiciary and other levels if the crisis is not resolved within 30 days.
Javier Lasagabaster, Counsellor for Territorial Policy and Public Works, dies between 1980 and 1984
Lasagabaster was a member of the Government headed by Carlos Garaikoetxea in his first term between 1980 and 1984.
UPN denounces assault on a councilman at Burlada parties
The party claims that Carlos Oto was hit in the chest at UPN headquarters, while the Navarre president and several parties have condemned the attack and shown their support for the councillor.
The Court of Pau has provisionally revoked the confessions of the houses of Bayonne and Sara to the Euskera
On 2 July, the House of Sara and the House of Bayonne on 23 July adopted a decision recognizing the Basque language as the language of the place. The Administrative Court of Pau has annulled both decisions. Both municipalities will appeal on Monday.