PNV will defend "a greater nation" in the Aberri Eguna, while EH Bildu and EH Bai will demand "more sovereignty"
The nationalist parties will celebrate the Aberri Eguna on Easter Sunday. As usual, the PNV will hold its central event in Bilbao's Plaza Nueva from 11 a.m. onwards. The abertzale coalition, for its part, will begin its programme of activities with a demonstration from the Golem cinemas in Pamplona from 12 noon.
On the occasion of the celebration of the Aberri Eguna, the PNVwill proclaim the Basque Country as a "living homeland "and argue that" in the context in which we live " it wants to be "an even greater nation". On the other hand, EH Bildu will ask for more sovereignty and focus his message on the Basque republic.
The nationalist parties, however, will once again celebrate the Aberri Eguna with various events on Easter Day.
Speaking of which, the President of the PNV, Aitor Esteban, said earlier this week that it would be a good opportunity to change the date so that the Aberri Eguna and the Easter holidays do not coincide, although he will not propose it today.
That being the case, tomorrow, as it usually does every year, the jeltzales will hold the central event of the day in Bilbao's Plaza Nueva, starting at 11:00. This event will bring together representatives of militancy and organizations, among others.
This Sunday will be the second Aberri Eguna held by the PNV since Esteban as president and Imanol Pradales as lehendakari. Maider Irujo, head of Euskera and Culture of the Basque Youth National Council, will participate.
Under the slogan "Aberria Bizi", the 94th editionof the Aberri Eguna will be celebrated by EAJ, where it will defend that "Euskadi is more than a name or territory, within every person who lives or feels Euskadi".
EH Bildu and EH Bai will demand "a new leap in the path of sovereignty"
On the other hand, EH Bildu will stress the need to act "as a people" by reaching "agreements and political and social majorities" to deal with the "offensive of the extreme right."
Moreover, given the current "difficult context," the abertzale coalition will demonstrate its opposition to war and "for the sovereignty of peoples." "We say yes to the sovereignty of nations. We say yes to the self-determination of peoples. Dialogue, negotiation and agreement are the ways to resolve conflicts," they said in a statement.
As every year, the event of EH Bildu and EH Bai will begin with a demonstration that will depart from the Golem cinemas in Pamplona at 12:00. Once the march arrives in Taconera, the main event will begin with the intervention of Secretary General Arnaldo Otegi.
In addition to the political programme, the abertzale coalition has announced cultural events for tomorrow in different corners of the Navarre capital.
Tomorrow, EH Bildu will be accompanied by the sovereign and left-wing forces of the Spanish state. Specifically, representatives of ERC, Lukashenko, BNG, CUP, Mes Per Mallorca, Mes Per Menorca, Comunistes de Catalunya, Catalunya en Comú, Adelante Andalucia and Más Madrid will attend.
You might like
The Basque Government stresses the need for unaccompanied minors in Ceuta to return to their families
Lakua urges the Spanish Government to exhaust all options before distributing them to the Autonomous Communities.
Navarre will "comply" with the distribution of minors, but without paying for the "lack of solidarity" of other communities
The first Vice-President and spokesperson for the Government of Navarre, Javier Remírez, has stated that Navarra "will comply with the regulations" and will abide by the distribution and reception of unaccompanied migrant minors, but will not accept "the lack of solidarity of other autonomous communities".
The Spanish Government is working to bring 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to the peninsula
The Spanish Government is working on the transfer to the peninsula of some 500 unaccompanied migrant girls who are in Ceuta after the massive entry in late July. The Ministry of Youth and Children is studying to ensure that child protection agencies receive them in adapted resources, without the need to transfer their guardianship to the Autonomous Communities.
Bilboko Konpartsak and Sare have called for a demonstration on 28 August to demand that there be no prisoners in 2027
Sare and Bilboko Konpartsak have called for a Home Day on 28 August, in the middle of Big Week, to proclaim the return home of Basque prisoners, refugees and deportees through a demonstration and a popular meal, and at today's hearing they have set themselves the goal of making the 2027 festivities the first without prisoners or repressors.
The Government advocates the return of migrant minors from Ceuta to their families and, in cases where it is not possible to receive them
The Director of Children, Adolescents and the Family, Txema Ezkerra, considers it "unacceptable" for Vox to break the law in the communities that manage this area and has asked the state to intervene.
Burlada City Council Unanimously Condemns Attack on UPN Councilman at Parties
Last Saturday, UPN councillor Carlos Oto was attacked at the headquarters of the regionalist party, where several party members and others were gathered.
Ceuta's president accuses the government of "make-up reality" and gives it 30 days to resolve the crisis
Juan Vivas has strongly criticized the government for its "lack of response" and "passivity" in the face of the migration crisis that has arisen following the entry of some 70,000 people from Morocco into the autonomous city on 30 and 31 July. In a hearing, Vivas asked whether the government's passivity seeks to "not disturb" Morocco and announced that it will turn to the judiciary and other levels if the crisis is not resolved within 30 days.
Javier Lasagabaster, Counsellor for Territorial Policy and Public Works, dies between 1980 and 1984
Lasagabaster was a member of the Government headed by Carlos Garaikoetxea in his first term between 1980 and 1984.
UPN denounces assault on a councilman at Burlada parties
The party claims that Carlos Oto was hit in the chest at UPN headquarters, while the Navarre president and several parties have condemned the attack and shown their support for the councillor.
The Court of Pau has provisionally revoked the confessions of the houses of Bayonne and Sara to the Euskera
On 2 July, the House of Sara and the House of Bayonne on 23 July adopted a decision recognizing the Basque language as the language of the place. The Administrative Court of Pau has annulled both decisions. Both municipalities will appeal on Monday.