This text has been automatically translated, it may contain errors or inaccuracies.
HOUSING
Favorite
Remove from my list

Itxaso asks EH Bildu for "rigour, humility and memory" in relation to housing proposals

The Housing and Urban Agenda Counsellor has urged the abertzale coalition to work "with real data" because "over the past decade the Basque Country has promoted more than 15,000 protected housing units, not 3,000, as some EH Bildu leaders said earlier this week."

Advertisement
Itxaso pide a EH Bildu "rigor, humildad y memoria" en sus planteamientos de vivienda
18:00 - 20:00

The Housingand Urban Agenda Counsellor of the Basque Government, Denis Itxaso , has stated that "EH Bildu has changed his position because he knows that housing is progressing in the Basque Countryand does not want to be left out of the way. "In this regard, he has asked the nationalist coalition  for"rigour, humility and memory"in relation to his proposals on housing.

Itxaso made these statements during his appearance today, Sunday, in Donostia-San Sebastián, together with the Socialist spokeswoman at the City Council, Ane Oyarbide, and the Secretary of Housing of the PSE-EE of Gipuzkoa  , Juantxo Marrero, in the Garden City, where within a month the works of 98 houses will begin.

The Housing and Urban Agenda Counselor has referred tothe plan launched by EH Bildu  , which proposes to build 30,000 housing units in 10 years with an investment of 3.5 billion euros. In this context, Itxaso has said that the party led byArnaldo Otegi   must recognize that "it haswasted a lotof time ".

"For a long time, housing construction was seen as a problem and not as a solution. Public-private cooperation was sacrilegious to them, and the relaxation of urban planning procedures was seen as a counter-reform, "Itxaso has denounced.

According to him, EH Bildu seems to have recently learned that the policies implemented from the Housing Department are "the road map that Euskadi needs and wants to intensify".

Itxaso recalled that the same program that Pello Otxandiano presented to the autonomous elections two years ago literally stated that housing construction should be the last solution. "Such a change of course will be credible if EH Bildu begins to recognize that his previous views were wrong," he added.

In this regard, the Housing and Urban Agenda Counsellor  has asked the abertzale coalition for "humility, rigour and memory"and has asked it to work" with real data, since over the last decade Euskadi has promoted more than 15,000 sheltered housing units, not 3,000, as some leaders of EH Bildu said earlier this week. "

He has also asked EH Bildu to demonstrate with facts the new direction he is calling for because a plan to build 30,000 homes in ten years requires land and urban planning. "The credibility of this proposal will depend on whether they support strategic operations such as that carried out by Auditz Akular in San Sebastian," Itxaso has warned.

The Socialist has stressed that most of the plans announced now by EH Bildu were contained in the Basque Country Social Pact promoted five years ago by the Housing Department, signed by more than 100 public and private agents, which provides for the rental of 50,000 sheltered housing units by 2036.

With regard to the financing of future promotions, Itxaso has stressed the 'essential' role of the social fund being prepared by the Basque Government in order to promote a significant leap in the production of protected housing, which will make it possible to allocate around EUR 2 billion to finance the first 10 000 housing units.

"Our forecasts are based on average costs of around EUR 200 000 per dwelling, which EH Bildu reduces by almost half, and it would be important to know how these ratios will be achieved," Itxaso added.

You might like

CEUTA, 17/08/2026.- Comparece el presidente de la Ciudad Autónoma de Ceuta, Juan Jesús Vivas (c), este lunes, en compañía de varios miembros del ejecutivo local. EFE/Reduan
18:00 - 20:00
LIVE
From  min.

Ceuta's president accuses the government of "make-up reality" and gives it 30 days to resolve the crisis

Juan Vivas has strongly criticized the government for its "lack of response" and "passivity" in the face of the migration crisis that has arisen following the entry of some 70,000 people from Morocco into the autonomous city on 30 and 31 July. In a hearing, Vivas asked whether the government's passivity seeks to "not disturb" Morocco and announced that it will turn to the judiciary and other levels if the crisis is not resolved within 30 days.

Load more
Advertising
X