TAV drilling in Aralar will begin "immediately," according to Santano
Drilling for hydrogeological samplesassociated with the high-speed train in the Sierra de Aralar will soon begin. For the TAV section between Ezkio-Itsaso and Pamplona, these samples will determine the environmental impact of the tunnel to be excavated under the mountain range.
This is the announcement made this Tuesday by the Secretary of State for Transport and Sustainable Mobility, José Antonio Santano, during the signing of the agreement for the construction of the new station and its connection with the railway network in the vicinity of Gipuzkoa in Astigarraga (Gipuzkoa). "We hope to start immediately; it may be now or after the summer," he said.
Santano has said that talks with the owners of the land where the drilling will take place, both with the municipalities and with the private owners, are very advanced and are taking place in "good cooperation" , adding that they have spoken to everyone and "things are clear and orderly".
Asked about the duration of the drilling work, the Secretary of State said it would last "several months." He explained that some are about 300 metres deep.
However, he has admitted that they want to "avoid giving big details because we want to avoid the problems that have arisen so far."
Finally, he expects the technical reportsto be made after these samples for the beginning of next year. "If we do the drilling work this year and the beginning of next year, in the first part of the year, maybe in spring."
You might like
Workers at Tubos Reunion in Amurrio will return to work this Monday after the strike
The Commission, however, does not rule out the resumption of future stops, and for the time being it has called two days of strike and mobilisation for 26 and 28 May.
ELA has denounced that there has been a campaign "orchestrated" by the Tubos Reunidos company and supported by employers
Mitxel Lakuntza, general secretary of the ELA union, has condemned the company's "deplorable management" in recent years, with "170 million debt generated by shareholders."
Indefinite strike called in Tubos Reunidos
Most of those meeting today at the Amurrio factory have decided to call off the strike and start 24-hour stops.
Tubos Reunion workers hold an assembly to decide the future of the indefinite strike
It's a lot of tension at the Amurrio factory after the latest trade union movements and the change of scenery after the creditor competition.
Entertainment workers are on strike today in Álava, Bizkaia and Gipuzkoa
They call for an agreement for the sector to ensure decent working conditions. Many events have already been cancelled and incidents are expected at concerts, theatres and congresses today.
Until 1 June, the deadline for nominations for the Tubos Reunion Competition Administrator will open
A court in Vitoria-Gasteiz last Tuesday declared seven companies belonging to the Tubos Reunidos Group to be in voluntary competition with creditors and appointed PKF-Attest Concursal as their competition administrator.
LAB supports the possibility of Tubos Reunidos calling off the strike and ESK advocates extending it
Both unions, together with ELA, have convened an assembly on Friday to decide whether to continue unemployment.
The reduction in VAT on light and gas will be suspended on 1 June and will return to 21% as prices have fallen
The reduced rates of fuel (petrol, diesel and biofuels, and partial return of professional diesel) and hydrocarbon tax will remain in force until 30 June, as inflation for these products remains above the 15% threshold set by the government in April.
Santurtzi Local Police will support a "strike of rigour" to demand an improvement in working conditions
Workers report "organizational breaches", as well as lower earnings compared to other municipal workers, and a lack of staff at mass events. According to ErNE, agents have begun to strictly apply all regulations and have stopped carrying out reinforcements and overtime.
CEBEK considers labour disputes to be "contrary to the progress of society"
The president of the Biscay employers CEBEK, Guillermo Buces, has described labour disputes as "contrary to the progress of society" and has called on all trade unions to sit down with employers to change their model of relationship.