The Basque Country advocates the reunification of Ceuta's children with their families rather than their separation
The Director of Children, Adolescents and Families has said that the Basque Country "will not tolerate imposed, improvised or unguaranteed derivations" and has recalled that the ACV already accommodates minors beyond its means.
A group of minors next to a National Police station in Ceuta.
On Thursday, the Basque Government confirmed its position on unaccompanied minors in Ceutaand prioritised reunification with Moroccan families over distribution among the Autonomous Communities .
This was stated by the Director of Children, Adolescents and Families, Txema Ezkerra, after participating in the meeting convened by the Ministry of Youth and Children with the Autonomous Communities to discuss the care of unaccompanied migrant minors in Ceuta.
The Director said that the distribution of minors had not been discussed at the meeting because it was not on the agenda, but that the approval of the EUR 25 million aid for Ceuta had been considered and that the proposal had been adopted unanimously.
Facilitating reconciliation
The Director ofthe Basque Government has confirmed that the Basque Country already has over its capacity minors, but has not provided figures for the entire community. However, according to the latest data provided by Bizkaia on Thursday, there are 584 minors in this territory, more than 200 above its capacity.
The Left has also insisted that the Basque Country "will not accept imposed, improvised or unsecured derivations." "We understand the situation of Ceuta and the transfer of the necessary resources, but the solution cannotbe to move minors from one territory to another, "he said.
"Before any derivation, the State must exhaust all means of finding a family and we believe that reunification must be facilitated, because the primary duty of the State is not to separate minors, but to protect them," he stressed.
According to Ezkerra, Euskadi "has been and will remain supportive, but solidarity cannot be confused with a lack of agreement, a lack of planning or a lack of respect for competences."
You might like
Bilboko Konpartsak and Sare have called for a demonstration on 28 August to demand that there be no prisoners in 2027
Sare and Bilboko Konpartsak have called for a Home Day on 28 August, in the middle of Big Week, to proclaim the return home of Basque prisoners, refugees and deportees through a demonstration and a popular meal, and at today's hearing they have set themselves the goal of making the 2027 festivities the first without prisoners or repressors.
The Government advocates the return of migrant minors from Ceuta to their families and, in cases where it is not possible to receive them
The Director of Children, Adolescents and the Family, Txema Ezkerra, considers it "unacceptable" for Vox to break the law in the communities that manage this area and has asked the state to intervene.
Burlada City Council Unanimously Condemns Attack on UPN Councilman at Parties
Last Saturday, UPN councillor Carlos Oto was attacked at the headquarters of the regionalist party, where several party members and others were gathered.
Ceuta's president accuses the government of "make-up reality" and gives it 30 days to resolve the crisis
Juan Vivas has strongly criticized the government for its "lack of response" and "passivity" in the face of the migration crisis that has arisen following the entry of some 70,000 people from Morocco into the autonomous city on 30 and 31 July. In a hearing, Vivas asked whether the government's passivity seeks to "not disturb" Morocco and announced that it will turn to the judiciary and other levels if the crisis is not resolved within 30 days.
Javier Lasagabaster, Counsellor for Territorial Policy and Public Works, dies between 1980 and 1984
Lasagabaster was a member of the Government headed by Carlos Garaikoetxea in his first term between 1980 and 1984.
UPN denounces assault on a councilman at Burlada parties
The party claims that Carlos Oto was hit in the chest at UPN headquarters, while the Navarre president and several parties have condemned the attack and shown their support for the councillor.
The Court of Pau has provisionally revoked the confessions of the houses of Bayonne and Sara to the Euskera
On 2 July, the House of Sara and the House of Bayonne on 23 July adopted a decision recognizing the Basque language as the language of the place. The Administrative Court of Pau has annulled both decisions. Both municipalities will appeal on Monday.
Monica Garcia will be in Ceuta to discuss the health impact of the migration crisis
The Minister of Health will meet with Vivas and health and social professionals, while Elma Saiz will travel to the city on Monday to address the humanitarian situation.
PP communities refuse to discuss the care of migrant minors in Ceuta at the next Sectoral Conference
The Sectoral Conference on 27 August will be the first to be held in Ceuta since the massive influx of foreigners and the transfer of an extraordinary credit of EUR 25 million to Ceuta linked to the care of unaccompanied migrant minors.